How do I pair and use my Garmin Varia Radar?
Connect your Garmin Varia just like you would any other Bluetooth BLE sensor!
Cadence is compatible with the Garmin Varia Radar‘s that supports Bluetooth Smart (BLE), which includes the RTL515, RVR315, RCT715, and eRTL615 radar sensors. When paired you will receive both visual and audio alerts on your phone warning you of approaching vehicles.
- Make sure to remove the Garmin Varia from any other apps or devices you’ve previously connected it to, including the Garmin Varia app, or it’ll continue trying to connect there first.
- Turn on your Garmin Varia radar sensor
- Open Cadence, tap Settings, then Bluetooth Sensors, then “Add New Sensor”
- Select the found device that begins with RTL or RVR
- On the Bluetooth Sensors screen, you’ll now see the sensor listed
- Make sure you select the radar data (the number below indicates current vehicles detected)
- Optionally turn on Audio Alerts, Right Side, or Extra Wide options.
- On the main Computer screen, you will now see a visual indicator on the side of the screen.