My Android phone (Samsung, OnePlu, Xiaomi, Huawei, etc) didn’t record my activity correctly when it was in the background or GPS was inaccurate. What do I do?
Lots of Android phones have special settings for allowing background processing to happen. If Cadence isn’t recording correctly when it’s in the background, please follow the steps on the website dontkillmyapp.com.
You can also follow these steps generally:
- Tap and hold on the Cadence icon and select “App Info”
- Tap Permissions
- Tap Location and verify it’s set to “Allow only while using the app”
- Verify “Use precise location” is on
- Tap Physical Activity and verify it’s set to “Allow”
- Hit the back button and then tap “App battery usage” and verify it’s set to “Unrestricted”
- Go back again and tap “Alarms & reminders” and verify they’re turned on
If you still have issues, you can instead keep Cadence in the foreground by turning the “Keep screen on while recording” option on in Settings.